Cooked Diet for Dogs
Please be careful when choosing which diets to serve cooked. Feel free to clarify with us at anytime.
There are a few reasons why people may feed cooked. Here is a quick list:
- Raw is not feasible but a healthy biologically appropriate diet is important.
- Dog that just prefers a cooked diet.
- Dog that may have had an upset tummy, and you have been advised to feed a cooked diet to aid in digestion.
- Dog may have had a surgery that cooked diet is advised.
- Travelling. Sometimes it can be easier to travel with a precooked food that is a bit easier to feed while travelling.
Rawbone Pet Food Co. products only, can be cooked right in the package! There are a few ways;
- If thawed cook in a simmering pot of water, for about 30 minutes. Make sure there is sufficient water to not melt the plastic casing. If frozen, it may take up to an hour.
- Cook in a slow cooker filled with water for about an hour. Make sure they are floating in the water. If thawed, it will take about 2 hours.
- You could also remove from the packaging and cook in a pan or pot on the stove on a low heat.
Once cooked in the packaging, make sure you let it cool fully before opening. They can be stored in the fridge in their wrapping until ready to use (good for 2-4 days). Or you can cool in cool water for faster feeding. The tube is under pressure when still warm, so it will spurt liquid if you open it while warm or hot.
Here is a list of complete products that you can cook as listed above:
Here is a list of single protein muscle meat products that you can cook as listed above:
You might be asking yourself why you can't cook all of the meals? It is because you should never feed cooked bone in any form. Any mix that we have that contains bone, should not be served cooked.
Here are some other products that can be served cooked, but you MUST remove from the packaging before cooking: